Sunday, May 11, 2008

Support from PetanqueAmerica.com......

Hi T,

I read your frustration on being all alone on a splendid Wed night.
Indeed, what a shame. Shouldn't be: not in May, and not when I know we ship
boules to Brooklyn on a regular basis, and there's nowhere else to play in NY at night!

I'll make another post on our blog. But I'd recommend that, right on the top of your blog you clearly mention in BIG letters the play times on Wed & Sun. Right now, they sort of slid down on the right. Better yet, have a small permanent post, say dated Dec 31, that always stays on top. Like I've done for our Carolina Open. And then I'll email all the people in Brooklyn we shipped boules to over the last 18 months, with a link to your blog.

Don't give up!!

Philippe
--

2 comments:

Francois said...

Actually you can also play at night at Pit Stop.
http://www.brooklynpetanque.org

tdfinearts said...

Francois,

Odd that you post a comment now, after all I've had your website on my blog for over a year and you've never commented here before, nor do you link mine. I would Love to have a united Brooklyn, and "if you've read my Blog", a united New York is what we've been striving for; bringing together all the 5 Boroughs and extended to Westchester and all surrounding counties with in reasonable traveling distance, united as a state should be, even a city. I hope that one day that things will be different, and my invitation is always open for you come up north to play with us, although there is no bar and or restaurant. There is open terrain that more that matches what you have in your "garden". Brooklyn Boule stands by it's stance that it is an outdoor, locally driven, park orientated, open aired, free-range, experience that can not be archived in Manhattan's select arenas.

All the best to you though. I know you have your thing and we ours, it would be good to unite and work together. I like to come to the Pit Stop and eat, drink and play Petanque. I just think that there is more to be made of what we and others have.

All the best...Lets keep in touch.

Tristram
Brooklyn Boule