Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wenesday Night Presidential Showdown..

Coming back from my trip with a costly cancellation and layover in Chicago, I was eager to get out and play some Pétanque with familiar faces. To my wonderment and joy, Christophe (ex-president LBNY) called, whilst I was purchasing pétanque refreshments, and said he was in town and that there would be a full house in Brooklyn that evening.(About bloody time...) So at 8.00, new rake in had, (it's huge!) I headed off to McCarren Park to find Mark, Bruce (LBNY not Brooklyn) and Ernesto (President LBNY) warming up on the spot lit piste. After a while and some catch up gossip, Christophe and Hugh turned up to even out the numbers for a game of triples. Although most of us were a little rusty and beer soaked, some wonderful plays were made and it's always nice to see twelve balls in play in the park. So a fond welcome back Christophe and I hope to see you all back in the park next Wednesday night, as now the evenings are the only bearable time to be out side anyway.


3 comments:

mf said...

Where you get that pic? And I was the only one not drinking. Ok, besides the non-Brooklyn Bruce.

tdfinearts said...

The pic was taken by me at the London Challange, so there was no copywrite infringement. And yes it's true, Ern was not rusty nor drinking, whilst playing Pétanque, like a good president should. My apologies if I offended you or the non-Brooklyn Bruce. I kneel before thee from across the East river and hope that one day I can post something about LBNY members that gleans a positive light hearted response......

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Christophe is back in the big city safe and sound. Enjoyed playing with him in Texas recently and look forward to getting up your way sometime.

Gary Jones
CarolinaPetanque